© 2010 Aaron Can you guess what this is at 6:36 AM?

Back to The Everyday

On Friday mornings I have a Bible study at our church in Zug. The first morning I attended, I missed the bus by our apartment and had to do the 25-minute walk to get there on time. It was such a nice walk I decided to walk each Friday morning across town – past the farm nearby, down the switchbacks, past the castle, through town and beyond.

This Friday, as I heard the birds singing (is it really late November?) and enjoyed the scents of the farms and the early morning light, I thought, “Wait, our blog is supposed to be about the ‘everyday’ in Zug.”

So, here’s a simple entry that offers a glimpse of a chilly Friday morning, shot with my Blackberry. To really get to know a town one needs to experience in morning, day and night – cold, warm, raining, etc…

Perhaps I’ll do simple posts like this every now and then of the everyday, one day at a time.

What was that photo taken at 6:36 AM?

Christmas lights hanging in front of the Postplatz in Zug. We’ve never seen them turned on so we’re guessing they will turn on nightly sometime closer to Christmas. There are lights hanging all down the main street like this.

Comments

1. Wendy Brown
    Posted November 20, 2010 at 5:52 pm | #

So I’m confused, what is the picture supposed to be? You never said, did you? Mom thought it was rain and I thought it was a berry garland or something. Who’s right?

2. Posted November 20, 2010 at 7:16 pm | #

Hmmmmmmmmm, any more guessers out there? I’ll “leave you hangin'” a bit longer…

3. Jenni Neve
    Posted November 21, 2010 at 4:19 am | #

A store-front metal gate thing? Christmas lights? A mobile sculpture? Those neat decorative beads hung in doorways?

4. Posted November 21, 2010 at 2:29 pm | #

That’s right. Christmas lights (see above). They’re all over the place!

5. Janalee
    Posted November 21, 2010 at 11:43 pm | #

Oh! I loved this entry – you are right, Aaron – those things that are becoming “everyday” to you are still breathtaking to us, or at least very interesting! What an amazing world God created for us!